Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How To Start Off The New Year Right

Hello all! This is my first blog so I will try to make this as interesting as possible for you...sound good? Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Dr. Becky Campbell and I am a chiropractor in South Florida. I would like to start by telling you a little bit about chiropractic and why this has anything to do with you.

The biggest misconception that people have about chiropractic is that it's main purpose is for back pain...I am here to tell you that this is not what chiropractic is about! It's about HEALTH AND WELLNESS!! What exactly am I talking about? I am talking about your nervous system. Your nervous system is the power plant that runs your entire body. The nervous system is made up of the brain, SPINAL CORD, and miles of nerves that run to every organ, muscle and cell in your body.

The spine is the protective bony structure that covers your spinal cord. If you get a misalignment or subluxation in your spine, that can cause pressure on those nerves that are going to your vital organs and therefore can cause those organs not to function as well as they should. It is a chiropractor's job to remove those misalignment's or subluxations so your body can do it's job! This for me is where health begins.

So, now that you understand what chiropractic really is, there are two other major factors that are going to keep you healthy this year and for the rest of your life.....yep, you guessed it, a healthy diet and for so many people that dreaded word.... EXERCISE!

My goal is to help you find fun or at least more fun ways to get exercise and make it a part of your life forever. I am also going to do my best to educate you on how to NOT diet, but change the way you eat and like it! I will share some great recipes, fun exercises, and very useful health tips with you this year!

We can do this together. Sound fair? Let's make 2010 our healthiest year yet!

1 comment: